Several of my posts have asked for ideas or other help from my readers. This page is intended to serve as an up-to-date list of current needs.
Most generally, I need feedback—comments, criticism, suggestions, questions, or pretty much anything else—on my poetry, the background for my prose, and the rest of my work. (If you’d like to see my work before I post it here, including the prose that I will most likely never post here, I need “first readers”.) But I have identified many more specific items, including several for each of my major projects.
For the blog itself, if you see anything in need of maintenance, please let me know.
The Shine Cycle
- Designing the curriculum for the Academy.
- Developing alternate histories and fictional universes to explore in the “Alternate Universes” sub-series. (I have if anything too many such ideas, so I don’t really need help coming up with new ones at present.)
- Filling in the few utterly blank spots on my outline.
- Projecting Earth’s history into the future for the small part of the series set in our own world.
I mentioned above that I need “first readers” (also known as “beta readers”); I have some works that I’m particularly working on (or planning to work on) right now), and so could particularly use critique on:
- I’m currently revising my novelette “The Adventure of the Royal Wedding”, a previous version of which I serialized on this blog in 2009 and 2010.
I’ve posted enough poetry on this blog to fill a book (and then some!). While I have published one collection, which is available on Amazon in print and on Kindle, I’m considering a second, so I’d like your help picking my best work to go into such a collection. If the full archive looks too daunting, I also posted more manageable selections weekly for about a year and a half while preparing A Year in Verse.
To work effectively, there are a few programs that I need that as far as I can see don’t yet exist. If you know of something that would meet even most or a few of my requirements, or have some ideas as to how I could go about writing such a program myself, please let me know. I maintain a list of these “unwritten programs” on their own Page
In addition, there are several things I need help with relating to Strategic Primer, my strategy game.
- First, the current campaign still needs players—or, if you’d rather not jump into an existing campaign and there’s enough interest, I can start another campaign.
- Second, I need (or at least could use) help designing, managing, writing, and testing the suite of assistive programs for the campaign, and the computer version of the game if or when I start working on it again.
- Third, I need help doing the research that has proved necessary for running the campaign, and ensuring that the rules and statistics are fair and well-balanced.
- I need help creating and maintaining the database of advances a player can discover in the game.
- I’m looking for ideas for the story the players will be able to explore.
Can you help?