Since the last week of 2009, this blog has been organized by what I call “departments” or “features”—a more-or-less regular schedule of posts about specified topics. Here’s the schedule I follow:
- Mondays: Background essays about the Shine Cycle, my fantasy series-in-preparation, including character profiles, descriptions of places, and other “worldbulding” topics.
- Wednesdays: Essays about Strategic Primer, a strategy game I’m designing, including summaries of recent events in the campaign I’m currently running, reports on my development of helper programs for players, game design considerations, and so on.
- Since September 2011, each Thursday I post links to poems I posted much earlier. I do this because the full archive has grown to daunting size, and many readers haven’t been following this blog from the beginning.
- Each Friday I post one of my poems.
- Saturday is the day for “Other” content: usually miscellaneous essays, but I’ve also serialized a novelette and a short story.