In this last week of the Church year, this blog is taking a look back over the last year’s posts. I covered posts related to the Shine Cycle on Monday; today, those related to Strategic Primer since last year’s retrospective. Unlike the last couple of years, I’m not combining this with a development report and releasing a new assistive programs snapshot; I did that last week.
Most months included monthly assistive-programs development reports; I had intended to write one every month, but given my tendency toward forgetfulness, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I’d only missed five months out of the last twelve. I won’t link to all of them, since most users will probably want to be running the latest release
- In December, as usual of late, I looked back over 2015 and set goals for 2016; I’ll do the same next month.
- In February, I explored the “central question” of the game
- In March, I belatedly suggested that players could use my BitBucket issue tracker for rules and mechanics suggestions and questions
- This past month, after we finally finished the fourteenth turn of the current campaign, I posted the turn summary.
Assistive Programs Development
Since I’m not going to link to all of the last year’s development reports, I thought it might be interesting to look at some of the highlights of the past year’s improvements to the suite of assistive programs:
- The stat-generating program now applies racial stat adjustments
- In the worker-management app, dragging is now more efficient (you can select multiple workers at once) and dropping less fiddly
- There are now programs to add resources and equipment to the map
- I wrote a program to generate a set of “tabular reports” from a map file.
- The OS X packages now work.
- In the map viewer, which kinds of fixtures are on top can be customized by dragging items in a list.
- Orders from more than one turn, and unit results, can be stored in the map.
- The programs can now take options.
And that’s about it. It was a quiet year for Strategic Primer on the blog.