It’s been about about a month since my last update, so it’s time for me to report on my recent progress in the developent of my Shine Cycle. I made little progress in the past month until the past week, but as that’s readily explained by how much time and effort I spent on class projects for classes that have now finished, I don’t count this past month a substantial failure and I expect I may be able to continue this past week’s pace, not the average for the month, going forward.
Taking the goals I listed last month in order:
- Most of the month, I had neither time, attention, nor energy to spare for the Shine Cycle. Once I did, and had mostly recovered from the “crunch,” I resumed work on the Shine Cycle, so I count my first goal at least somewhat of a success.
- I did finish my revision/update pass through the Shine Cycle-related Pages on this blog.
- While I didn’t finish outlining the first third of The Longest War by sequence, I did tentatively plan how it should be divided, I wrote loglines for each part, and I outlined most of the first third by sequence.
- In my process of fractalling the culture of the Empire and the Sunshine Kingdom, I did manage to get through at least the rest of the “Socio-Historical Envvironment” questions, though not far beyond.
- While I finished setting the timeline spreadsheet up, I found that I had lost track of what I was doing in the timeline revision, so I moved the timeline-revision tasks to the “icebox” of my task tracker. I’ll come back to that when I recover the proper mindset.
- I didn’t write any prose for the Shine Cycle.
For the most part, I’ll set similar goals for the next cycle:
- Continue regularly working on Shine Cycle development. (Without this, there will be no progress to report.)
- Outline at least the rest of The Longest War by sequence.
- In my process of fractalling the culture of the Empire and the Sunshine Kingdom, get through at least the rest of the “View” questions.
- Write at least several hundred words of actual prose.
Again, we’ll see.